Phu Langka Forest Park ‘Beauty of Chiang Kham County’
There are series of forest parks in northern Thailand. Forest parks are perfect for family vacations, especially camping. They are barely different from national parks.
A suggested one is in Phayao Province. It’s Phu Langka Forest Park. This one’s going to make your family vacation full of happiness.
Located in Chiang Kham County and Pong County, the forest park consists of Nam Puei National Preserved Forest, Nam Yuan Forest, and Nam Lao Forest. Therefore, beautiful and plentiful scenery is guaranteed. You will get a full-time rest.
The beauty of the forest park is everything of it, starting from the area, which is 12,480,000 square metres large, important river resources: Kalai River, Tom Brook, Roo River, Kanaeng Brook, and Payang Brook, to plants and animals. For plants and animals, seriously, there are a lot. There are still animals of smalls and medium sizes for you to see. For plants, most parts of the forest park are mountains and woodlands. Also, there are lots of rare plant species.
However, the highlight of the forest park is its mountains. These mountains are 900-1,720 metres higher than the sea level. These mountains are perfect for sightseeing, sunrise-sunset watching, photography, and hiking.
You will want to sleep at the forest park for a few nights. in order to have a lot of time to enjoy many activities and visit all of these minor spots of the forest park.
- The Ancient Forest : By visiting this montane forest, you will be happy to see lots of wild plants, herb species, and beautiful birds. Get your sketchbook, camera, and binoculars.
- The Sky Stone : Have you ever seen something stunning like this before? This stone is so high and high and high! It almost stick through the sky. Go and see it for yourself.
- Doi Phu Lom : This narrow mountain ridge takes place from Doi Lanka and mostly consists of grass. If you get up early, you should go to this spot to see the sunrise with your love one. You can even take your breakfast to eat there. The atmosphere will make you happy.
- Doi Phu Lanka : A forest is located on the west and high cliffs are located on the east of this narrow mountain ridge. You should fully charge your camera battery, as you will want to get up there, see the stunning scenery of the kingdom of Laos, and take pictures. Just be careful and watch your steps.
- Phu Lanka Waterfall : This waterfall consists of two levels, which is 30 metres and 20 metres high. It looks relaxing and is perfect for having a picnic. Or you can just sit and dip your feet into the water to relax your stress.
- Doi Hua Ling : Hua means head. Ling means monkey. Therefore, ‘hua ling’ means ‘monkey head’ in English. That’s right. This mountain looks like a head of a monkey, if you take a look at it from the north or the south.
- Million-Year-Old Stone Lot : If you want to take your photos with beautiful flowers as backgrounds, get to this spot. It’s on the ridge of Doi Phu Lanka.
How to get there
Speaking of getting to Phu Langka forest park, there are 3 ways to do so.
- Begin with the downtown of Chiang Rai. You have to look for the Highway 1148. Go straight and reach for Toeng County. Then continue straight to reach Chiang Kham County. Drive for another 8 kilometres and turn left to Ban Hae. Then turn right and keep going for another 5 kilometres. Turn left for the last time and reach the forest park within 12 kilometres.
- Start your trip in Phayao. Go pass Pong County. Reach for the junction of Chiang Khan County by using the Highway 1092. Then switch to the Highway 1148. Continue straight for about 3 kilometres. Turn left and head north. Keep going and you will reach the forest park soon.
- Start your trip in Nan. Find the Highway 1080 and go straight. Head north and turn right to switch to the Highway 1148. Reach for Song Taew County. After that, keep going for about 71 kilometres. Soon you will reach your destination.